- Coles and Woolworths feature in Deloite’s Gobal Powers of Retail report
Woolworths features 25th rank globally reporting a revenue of $45.6bn and Wesfarmers featured 23rd rank $43.0bn turnover.
- Specialty Fashion Group report sales down 3.8% in the first half of 2010/2011
The SFG group owns Millers, Katies, City Chic, Crossroads, Autograph and La Senza.
- Retailers sales effected by the floods
Woolworths closed 8 stores, JB Hi Fi closed 12 stores, SFG reported 4 stores flood damaged. Many retailers have lead campaigns to raise money for donations to the flood appeal including Woolworths, Witchery and Trade Secrets.
- The Prime Minister backs overseas online shoppers
The high-profile campaign, led by the likes of Harvey Norman Holdings Ltd, Myer Holdings Ltd and Target, has appalled shoppers as they say it is their right to shop online. The PM will formally respond after they have the findings from the Productivity Commission. The Business Spectator reported her to say "I would be very reluctant to see Australians who are facing cost-of-living pressures not able to access shopping on the internet in the way they access it now.".
- David Jones adds 30 more brands to its portfolio
David Jones dropped brands including Simona and Arthur Galan to make way for the new brands. David Jones believes around 70% of women’s and men’s apparel brands are exclusive to David Jones allowing them a competitor advantage